Thursday, July 28, 2011

Signs That I Am Losing My Mind




1) This morning I almost took my boyfriend's keys to work with me. He realized I had them right before I got on the subway. He met me on the street so I wouldn't have to go all the way back to my apartment, but I was still very late to work. This has happened four times. His "keys to everything in his life" look very much like my work keys. It just occurred to me that I should buy a key chain.

2) I am currently reading The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. It is about growing up in the backwoods of Texas, and while it is excellent some of the details are a little um, gross. Like when she mentions doing surgery on a friend's seed wart and picking out all of the "seeds" with a straight pin. Although I didn't know what a seed wart was, just reading this made me nauseous. I did what any sensible person with a low ick threshold would do and Google imaged it. That turned out as well as you would expect.

3) On my way home yesterday I passed a sandwich board in front of a vet's office advertising a free baby bunny complete with cage and water bottle. I did not go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment