Tuesday, August 2, 2011

InDigest #21

I have a poem in the new issue of InDigest. I sent it to my friend Matt and he said it proves his theory that TV is an excellent and inexhaustible source of creative material. I believe Leigh Stein would agree with that.

I have been on a non-fiction binge lately which is very weird for me. Most years I read two or three non-fiction books tops, yet somehow I have just gone through four in a row. Last night I decided I was going through novel withdrawal and the only way to fix it would be to read the biggest, Britishist classic I could think of. I got through two pages of Middlemarch before deciding it was too much for me to handle right now and picking up Random Family. I haven't started it yet, but this morning I turned it over and found this blurb from the LA Times, "A nonfiction Middlemarch of the underclass . . . A new benchmark in the field of immersion journalism."

!!! I still can't decide if this means I do or do not have to read Middlemarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment