Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sometimes I Fall Behind On Things


I am currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time. No, I didn't read it in sixth grade like everyone else. I grew up in Virginia which apparently means in a cow pasture where they forget to teach students most of the classics and just make them read Frankenstein a million times.

On the one hand reading a book like this years after everyone else is fun because I can appreciate it in a way I probably couldn't when I was younger. On the other hand, I'm shocked by plot developments that other people have known for 15 years. I read Of Mice and Men for the first time in college and my dad couldn't understand why I freaked out when I finished it. Doesn't everyone know how it ends?
Once I finish To Kill a Mockingbird I can start knocking off other things I never got around to when I was twelve. Next stop, riding a bike. Maybe . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment